The Alton Elementary School is located at 22 Argyle Road, Alton, Maine 04468.
Principal: Cheryl Leonard email@example.com
Secretary: Shelly Spear-Hamilton firstname.lastname@example.org
School counselor: Jami Martell email@example.com
The school day begins at 7:50 and ends at 2:30.
Pre-kindergarten is from 8:00 – 10:30 Monday – Friday
The Alton Elementary School is primarily for students from Alton, Maine from age four through fourth grade. There are 3 full time teachers, 3 half time teachers and 4 itinerant teachers for specials. Enrollment averages at about 50 students with one session of pre-kindergarten combined with kindergarten and combined grade classroom for grades 1 and 2 and for grades 3 and 4. We have a resource room, a Title 1 teacher for Reading Recovery, literacy and math support and Chapter 104 opportunities.
Breakfast: Students may have school breakfast from 7:45-8:00 each morning.
K-4 go out to recess at 11:30, then come in for lunch at 11:50. Lunch ends at 12:15.
Monday & Wednesday- Physical Education (Remember sneakers!)
Tuesday– Art and Guidance Thursday –Music and Library (Remember instruments and books!) Friday –
Our curriculum is closely aligned with the Common Core, Next Gen Science Standards, and Maine Learning Results. In some subject areas there are programs in use to support that alignment.
Math - Envision 2.0 program
Literacy - Lucy Calkins materials
Science – Stem Scopes Program
Guidance – Second Step curriculum
School Wide Rules:
- Students will show respect to all others.
- Students will show respect for the building and all property.
- Students will use appropriate language.
- Students will observe a “hands off” policy providing personal space to others.
- Students will be outside from 7:30-8:00 AM.
- Students will stay off the ice in winter.
- Hats off in the building, please!
- Personal electronic items are not allowed to be used during school hours.
- Kindness and consideration are expected at all times!!