OTES Family Update October 16, 2020
🟥At Home Screener: When Your Student Should Stay Home
Please review the updated At Home Screener (October 9, 2020) and use it each morning to decide if your student is well enough to come to school. Some symptoms have been eliminated. Students need to stay home if they:
- Have had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 24 hours or have used fever reducing medication.
- Have one of the most common symptoms of COVID-19, vomiting/diarrhea, or are feeling unwell.
- Have two or more of the less common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have travelled to a state requiring a return quarantine or negative COVID-19 test. This includes all states except Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts.
The updated screener can be found here: https://www.maine.gov/doe/site...
🟦Return to School After Illness
If you student was sent home or you kept them home with one of the most common or a combination of less common COVID-19-like symptoms, the following conditions need to be met for a return to school:
- Documentation of a negative COVID-19 test, improved symptoms, and no fever for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Documentation of an alternative diagnosis, improved symptoms, and no fever for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- If a student is not tested and does not have an alternative diagnosis, a student can return to school when
- 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms,
- Symptoms have improved, AND
- 24 hours have passed with no fever and without fever
🟥RSU #34 COVID Reporting Hotline
To report a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the RSU #34 community, call 207-827-7171 and choose menu option zero. You can also report a confirmed or suspected case using this webform: tinyurl.com/y4hsp7k3. Specific questions about your OTES student’s status should be directed to CeCe Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org or 827-1544 ext. 308.
🟦Last Call for Important Economic Status Form
Please complete the Economic Status Form today, Friday, October 16 or by early next week. It is critical to our school's funding! The form is linked below or return the paper form sent home. Extra copies are available in the OTES vestibule. If you believe it doesn't apply to you, just sign the bottom of the form and return it. This information allows us to get extra federal money, and all information will be kept confidential. Thank you!
We will not be having school pictures this fall. We hope to have a picture day in the spring. The PTC is investigating a way to create our own class pictures in a fun and safe way this fall.
🟦Walk to School
We made a mistake in our Walk to School Schedule. We are adding a walk next week on Friday, October 23rd. Other dates include: Friday, October 30th, Tuesday November 3rd, Friday November 13th, and Tuesday, November 17th. Join us at Perkins Avenue Park by 7:20am on each of these days!