Please let parents know to contact Jennifer Goodwin at 207-370-8564 if they need food or some house staples from the resource center..she will work with families to get them delivered if needed.
Updates from UMaine for Seniors:
- We have suspended all campus tours until April 6th and will likely be extending this date soon as more schools are extending their closures as well. We will continue with regular visits as soon as possible.
- All of our major Accepted Student Days on campus will not occur in their regular format. Instead, we have launched a virtual option for our accepted students to get all the information they need. This page will provide a welcome from University of Maine & University of Maine at Machias president Joan Ferrini-Mundy, a virtual general tour of UMaine, specific departmental and academic virtual tours, financial aid information, opportunities to register for one on one meetings with admissions professionals or staff members, submit an enrollment deposit and anything else they would normally do at an on campus event. Students can find these resources at: https://go.umaine.edu/virtualuniversityofmaine/
- SAT/ACT Update: In light of the fact that many students will be unable to take a test in the upcoming weeks, especially students that may have not yet taken one we have made a big decision: UMaine will be test optional for this year's admissions cycle, for all programs except for Nursing. Any applicant that is currently being held as incomplete due to missing test scores will immediately be reviewed for admission. If you have any students who haven't applied due to concerns with their test scores please encourage them to apply, or if you have any students who feel their decision already on file may change under this new policy please encourage them to reach out to the admissions office.
- NOTE: Our merit program will remain in its current structure. Maine students who do not submit SAT scores will be issued the Black Bear scholarship for $1000.
- Confirmation Deposit Update: Since many families will potentially be negatively impacted financially due to the COVID-19 crisis UMaine has made the decision to lower our $300 enrollment deposit down to $50 for the remainder of this admissions cycle. Our intention with this is to ensure that those students who want to attend UMaine are not delaying their confirmation out of financial concerns over the enrollment deposit.
- NOTE: Any students who have already submitted the full $300 enrollment deposit should not be concerned. 100% of the deposit is applied to their student bill so they receive the full financial benefit of having paid the deposit.
OTHS School Counseling Services
Your OTHS School Counselors are still here to meet both parent/guardian and student needs remotely! If you have questions or need support in the following areas: academic, graduation requirements, college/career, FAFSA, scholarships, social/emotional, personal matter, resources, etc., parents/guardians and students can contact us:
**Mrs. Kim Ketch (students with last names A-K): Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (Monday-Friday 10am-2pm): (207) 370-7008 *Confidential line so you can leave a message
**Ms. Jami Martell (students with last names L-Z): Email: email@example.com
Phone (Monday-Friday 10am-2pm): (207) 370-7252 *Confidential line so you can leave a message
Parents/Guardians and Students also are encouraged to fill out this google document so we can be better prepared to meet your needs: https://forms.gle/Dv6p5RULYkoVrH5n7
IF IT IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION:
*Call 911 or the Crisis Hotline at 1-888-568-1112
*National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK(8255) OR text HOME to 741741
*Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-452-1999
*Domestic Violence 1-866-834-HELP(4357)
*Info about Local Programs and services dial 211