On Wednesday, September 16th - The board of RSU 34 was informed of the plan for a Fall Sports season without spectators. This action is to move through with a season that is in compliance with the MPA return to play and the Maine Governor's office rule on the 100 person limit.
Regarding Fans at OTHS Sporting Events:
- OTHS will not have any home or away fans at any OTHS sporting event. This is in line with the vast majority of the Bangor area schools and PVC League Schools.
- The PVC League schools will not host any fans from a visiting team at any competition for the fall season.
- OTHS will allow 4 tickets to be issued to senior families on Senior Game events/matches.
- We will need 6 - 10 volunteer positions for each home event - these can be filled with parents/guardians of rostered players.
- OTHS Athletics ask that individuals interested in volunteering for home events reach out the individual coaches of the programs. These coaches will be putting together a volunteer rotation for each of the home events.
- Game Day Volunteers are considered to be game officials - with this in mind, volunteers must maintain a level of professional action - anything less and they will be asked to leave.
- Any disruption by anyone trying to break the no fan policy will result in game stoppage, delay, postponement, and/or forfeit of the sports activity. OTHS will be utilizing OTPD for help regarding this issue.
- All JV and Varsity games will be live-streamed for public view - the links will be made available and communicated via our digital resources. We will be using the Youtube and Facebook platforms for this service.
OTHS understands that this is an adjustment for many adults, parents, and guardians. Regardless of the personal perspective and feeling regarding the current covid-19 restrictions and practices - this is the policy and practice of OTHS Athletics. This is one more step for us to ensure a fall athletic season and to provide the utmost protection of our student-athletes, officials, coaches, and athletic staff. We ask that you respect this, accept this, and allow the students to play. I, Mr. Bousquet, ask that if you have any questions to please reach out to me and have that conversation or share a perspective, I am always obtainable and willing to communicate.
In Kind Regards,